- Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”||means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 & EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)|
|“We/Us/Our”||means The Adams Import Company, a limited company registered in England under company number 8975824 whose registered address is 16 Castle Gate, Newark-on-Trent, NG24 1BG, and whose main trading address is 16 Castle Gate, Newark-on-Trent, NG24 1BG|
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by The Adams Imports Company, a limited company registered in England under company number 8975824, whose registered address is 16 Castle Gate, Newark-on-Trent, NG24 1BG and whose main trading address is 16 Castle Gate, Newark-on-Trent, NG24 1BG.
- Our VAT number is 598421306.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Ben Adams and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by telephone on 01636 704 042, or by post at 16 Castle Gate, Newark-on-Trent, NG24 1BG.
We are a member of The National Association of Jewellers.
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. [Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties.]
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire [after <<insert period>>] OR [as indicated in the table below].
- For more specific details of the Cookies that We use, please refer to the table below.
- What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type|
|acceptCookies||To remember your decision to accept cookies, so you do not have to tell us again. This is only created if you choose to accept cookies.|
2. The following third-party cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type|
|__utmz,__utmc,||Google - Google Analytics is used to provide feedback to help us improve our site and its' usability.|
|__utmb,__utma,||Google - Google Analytics is used to provide feedback to help us improve our site and its' usability.|
|UIDR, UID, __uset, __stid||Share This - Needed to display the share this bar on the right hand side.|
Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a <<insert description of prompt, e.g. pop-up>> requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- Further Information
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following: